ADVERTISEMENT

Good bye to politics

AlanAldaClone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I'm going to paraphrase Bill Maher here, so this post is already getting off on the wrong foot with most of you. He was saying that since the advent of the Internet people have become nastier toward each other and the main reason is politics. It was always the mantra pre-internet to never discuss politics and religion in polite company. But since the internet came along and the subsequent social media platforms that followed, it has become so much easier to spew your political views anonymously and the discussion has become endless, a circular argument with no winners. You believe what you believe, I believe what I believe and, barring some epiphany from on high, no one is ever going to change their opinion. What Maher said is, and I think this is a direct quote, "Before the internet, we never knew how much we hated each other."

Sooooo .... rather than hate all of you, I've decided to never discuss politics on this board again. If I come over here from now on, it will just to be to discuss something like a recipe or a good movie or a book I read. I would strongly urge the rest of you to do the same. Let's go back to liking each other, please.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News