ADVERTISEMENT

Going Through The Getting Nervous Stage

Psyclone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Oakland > Ames > Cedar Rapids
No I'm not talking about my day of starvation Tuesday for my Wednesday colonoscopy. I'm talking about the upcoming football season. We tend to remember those close losses but not as much those close wins.

A couple days ago I watched the quick version of the TCU game. That's the replay that cuts out all the time in between plays and can show you the entire game in 30 minutes. Lazard saved a lot of drives in that game with his play-making. But TCU turnovers kept them from winning the game. TCU got down to our 3 yard line in the 4th quarter and fumbled it away. Spears shut the door on their last chance with a late interception. And I think there was another pass we picked off when they were threatening to score. The other thing that stood out were critical drive killing penalties the erased some big TCU plays. That game could have easily gone the wrong way.

And thinking back to the Oklahoma game, a fumble and I think a failed field goal on two of their four second half possessions made the difference. Our outlook would be much different had those games not turned out in our favor.

I'm not trying to pee in everyone's Cheerios, but we have our work cut out for us to repeat the kind of season we had last year. It's not going to be easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: MOClone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News