ADVERTISEMENT

FB 2021- Realistic options to come back.

Dbqclone

Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 1, 2001
Been thinking about who I assume the staff would like to have back that is actually likely to take advantage of the extra year. My list is this:

Jake Hummel - I can't think of anything better than 3 senior all-conference type linebackers. Considering Hummel burned his redshirt on mostly special teams his freshman year, I think this is a big possibility and would be HUGE for the defense.

Kene Nwangwu- After dealing with injuries most of his career, he finally got to show glimpses of what he could do this season. I wouldn't assume he has much chance of being drafted, and the staff would certainly welcome him back. This would be huge for both special teams and running back depth with us not signing one last year, also.

Charlie Kolar- He'll get drafted if he leaves, no doubt, but he seems pretty tight with the group of upcoming seniors and might want to stick around for that one special season. Fingers crossed.

Enyi Uwazurike - This one is another guy that would be huge in shoring up our interior defensive line next year, especially with Bankston leaving the program. The versatility to play both rush and interior line makes him invaluable, and he isn't high on anyone's draft boards.

Greg Eisworth- I personally don't see this one happening but man it would be huge.

Lawrence White- This one seems more realistic as White isn't projected to get drafted. Assuming Eisworth leaves, would be a very nice security blanket to have a sixth year senior starter returning on the back end of the defense along with whoever steps in for Eisworth.

Sean Foster- I certainly think this is realistic, although I'm not sure if it will make that big of a difference besides experience and depth. Foster had a great year after being a backup for most of his early career and might want another year of playing before an attempt at a pro career. I'm fine either way here and I think Remsburg and Ramos will be just fine.

Anyone else or anyone that has inside info/opinions on these? Fun to think about next year already!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News