ADVERTISEMENT

Delusional Dead Puppy

Cyanide

Legend
Sep 13, 2001
On the Hawk board there is a thread about how many Big Ten teams make the NCAAs. The RIGHT answer is give but six will likely get in.

One poster says the following: If it were up to me I'd toss out some of those pretenders in the Big Twelve and take eight Big Ten teams. But, I suppose six four sure, seven likely, no way the eight that they should take. Which means once again a team from the Big ten will probably win the NIT and a bunch of Big Twelve teams will "disappoint" and go home early.

In the latest RPI, the Big Ten's 6th, 7th, and 8th teams are Wisconsin (44th), Michigan (55th) and Ohio State (75th). In the Big 12, the RPI's are Kansas (1st), OU (3rd), WVU (15th), ISU (18th), Baylor (23rd), Texas Tech (25th), and Texas (29th).

Ohio State has ONE Top 50 RPI over Kentucky and ONE RPI win over 51-100 (Michigan).
Michigan has three Top 50 RPI wins
Wisconsin has four Top 50 wins and four 51-100 RPI wins.

I'm not even sure what 'pretenders' he would be talking about in the Big 12 but let's say it's ISU, Baylor, TT, and Texas.

Iowa State has six top 50 RPI wins, including three over the top ten
Baylor has four top 50 RPI wins
Texas has six top 50 RPI wins
TT has six top 50 RPI wins

To his point...it would be nice if the Big 12 has a good showing for once. But comparing Michigan and OSU against any of our top six is beyond laughable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News