ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Cyclones Make Bid for 4-Star WR

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
by Bill Seals

A four-star wide receiver recruit that’s ranked in the top-five of his respective state for the Class of 2018 received an offer from Iowa State early last week, and is now considering taking an unofficial visit.

Jones (Okla.) junior Sean Shaw added a Cyclone offer to a list that includes Power-5 program Kansas and G5 schools North Texas, SMU and Wyoming. He is the fifth-ranked prospect overall in the state of Oklahoma and 52nd wide receiver nationally for 2018.

“At first, they were messaging me on Twitter and talking about visits and everything,” said Shaw. “Then Coach (Bryan) Gasser texted me another day and said he was really impressed with my film. I called him back, talked to him on the phone and that’s when they offered.

“Since then I’ve been catching up with them about every day and it’s going great. Coach Gasser has been in touch with me the most. He thinks I would be a great fit in their offense and really liked my film. The coaching staff is going more towards bigger receivers.”

The 6-foot-5, 200-pound Shaw said he looks forward to making it to Ames in the near future, and believes a member of the coaching staff will be at his school soon.

“I haven’t been up there on an unofficial visit yet, but I’m planning on going sometime during the summer or in a few weeks or so,” Shaw said. “I really want to get up there to see how the staff and everything is, and meet those guys in person. They’re also planning on coming down to my school pretty soon.”

Being that he’s in the state of Oklahoma, Shaw is very familiar with the conference the Cyclones play in and believes that to be one of their strengths in his recruitment.

“I’ve always kind of liked them,” Shaw said. “I like the Big 12 a lot and have watched Iowa State play since I was a little kid. I feel like right now they’re in a good phase of rebuilding with the new coaching staff. I also know (2017 signee) Charlie Kolar a little bit. We went to a few camps together and I remember talking to him back when he was being recruited.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News