ADVERTISEMENT

Current Covid spike....

Cygarin

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2001
There are certain parts of the country, and Iowa is one of them right now, that a notable rise in postive cases and hospitalizations have occured. Not so much with deaths yet, but that may be due to a time delay of a few to several week, and we just haven't seen that occur yet.

This is most especially true in the rural areas, which has clearly seen a increase in cases.

It is a fact that some hospitals are seeing capacity issues, but not all. If I understand right, that is because hospitals are not allowed to transport patients to other hospitals that have plenty of capacity. For understandable reasons, I might add, so I am not criticizing.

The point being, is that the capacity problem is on a per hospital basis, not a holstic problem of the entire states's capacity, nor is the spike in Iowa a "pervasive" problem, but rather major hotspots (from a health faclility standpoint.) That is, of course, a major problem in those areas.

Nationally, I can find no data that indicates that within the United States as a whole, there is any indication of any rise in either hospitializations or deaths. That is, the rises and falls are spotty, and there are as many areas where Covid is down as there are that it is up.

What I am seeing....for data....... is that Covid tends to rise and fall in "ripples" across the country, and we are seeing the strart of another of those ripples, and there no indication that it is any more than that.....the start of another ripple that has no inication of exeeding past ripples. At least not yet.

It seems to me that the media is reporting every time there is a rise....but they fail to report that after every rise...there is an equal drop.....only to go through that same up-down mini-cycle over and over again.

But overall, average-smoothed over time....there is no indication that Covid is anything but steady and stable. That may or may not change.

Lastly, what I am seeing in Iowa is that there is a major outbreak in long term care facilities....an outbreak that appears to be pushing up the state's overall statistcs dramatically.

Does anybody have any reference to data that shows otherwise? (Media reports are not references to data.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News