ADVERTISEMENT

Covid-19 2021-2022

Psyclone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Oakland > Ames > Cedar Rapids
What if we are still dealing with this virus in the 2021-2022 school year? I haven't seen much discussion of that, but it has concerned me that we might still be dealing with it next year. I'm not a glass half empty guy, but I think when we think about how to deal with the virus this school year, you need to consider how current decisions may affect future years if the virus is still with us. It's all too easy think of it as just affecting this year, but we are a long way away from herd immunity, if there is such a thing. And we don't know if there will be an effective vaccine or how long it would take to roll it out to the masses, such that it makes a difference.

What it tells me is that we need to try to find some sort of middle ground. Having no fans at games is extreme. We need to find a way to at least have some people safely attend. For indoor sports, maybe we need to be blocking off seats for limited fans and find ways to deal with entry, exit and the use of facilities while in the arena. We can start small and use that as an opportunity to learn what works and what doesn't.

We can't give up the current school year in the hopes that it will be gone next year. We need to use this time as a learning opportunity, not just for the current year, but also in the event we are dealing with this in future years.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News