ADVERTISEMENT

Couple tidbits on our Arizona players

lincoln87

Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 23, 2009
Lincoln, NE
At a family gathering on my wife's side last night I was talking to my nephew and his son who are from Scottsdale. Nephew's son was a starter on the Pinnacle HS team when Spencer Rattler played there, but a year behind Rattler. When it was mentioned that I was a big ISU fan, they immediately asked if we liked Purdy, I replied that "liked" didn't come close to how the fanbase felt.
I mentioned we have a small pipeline to Arizona going and they brought up Eli Sanders coming to ISU and talked about what an exciting player he is.
Jack mentioned when when Pinnacle played Gilbert, he picked off Chubba Purdy twice and that locally Brock was definitely considered the better of the two.
I got the feeling Jack didn't care much for Rattler, probably related to how Rattler go suspended from the team midway through his last season there. But he did hear when Rattler was a Freshman at OU, he was telling all his HS friends prior to the start of the 2019 season how he was going to beat out Jalen Hurts :rolleyes:, then of course went crickets after he didn't.

Jack was small for D1 CB but fast, (4.4 time in 40), and was recruited to DIII Bowdoin College in Maine where he should be a starter this year (school didn't play last year of course). Happy for the kid, he'll get a fantastic education there and should get alot of playing time, they're talking that he may play both ways at WR as well once he gets a little more experience.
Nothing earth shattering, but a couple things I thought may be interesting to folks on the board in this slow news period we are in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News