ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Brock Purdy Zoom media conference transcript

BillSeals

Jul 24, 2001
mobile.twitter.com
Purdy talks long offseason that saw extended quarantine in Florida

Several interesting quotes in here from ISU's junior starting quarterback. Would be interested to get your thoughts on this one...

On what improvements he wants to make in his game during year three:

“Personally, I just want to help everybody around me take their game to the next level. I think that’s a personal goal for me. I think I’ve been in the film room and physically I’ve gotten healthy. There are little things I could do, like being able to understand all the coverages, things that defenses are trying to do and have a better understanding of the game. I’ve done that the past couple weeks. The next step for me is to elevate everybody else’s game. Make sure they’re doing the things, grinding away, so that I don’t have all this pressure on myself. I felt like last year, there was all this pressure on me and everything was on my shoulders. We have great guys surrounding me on the o-line, running backs, tight ends and receivers. If I could just get all those guys on the same page, we can roll from there. If I can do that, we’ll have a better chance of being successful that way.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News