ADVERTISEMENT

Bit of a bone to pick

clonedaddy

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I've heard coach Campbell say this more than a few times and I didn't like it when I heard it then. I watched the replay of the second half yesterday and his on-field interview after the game included what is likely perceived as a put down of Iowa State and it really rubbed me the wrong way. If nothing else, it sends a weird message that isn't needed. He said something like "Unfortunately, at Iowa State we have to....". It's usually something to do with winning in the margins or paying attention to details, etc. Well, when did most other schools not have to do the same things? It sounds like an excuse and makes it look like he believes that you can only win at Iowa State by doing details and discipline well while others don't have to. I'm sure he doesn't mean it that way, but it does come across that way. Please, coach, stop prefacing a comment about doing better in the details department with the poor Iowa State reference. He's better off saying something like "At Iowa State, like any other school, you have to.....".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News