ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest penalty of the game(s) so far....

Cylebrate

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
is our schedule.

What on Earth was our schedulers thinking to not have our 2nd prep game (ULM or whoever we could get) after the UNI game before iowa instead of a bye?

First of all....a ULM type team would have been the perfect antidote to work out the kinks and make adjustments before we played the squawks. Who would not have liked to see us play Re-al Mitchell on certain running plays against iowa or J. Brock/ B. Hall or for a Zack Petersen on more snaps for the defense in certain circumstances? (I know there were others not listed). It would have been a confidence builder for everyone including Brock Purdy to have another tune up game before the squawks. Maybe we could have solved some of our containment problems with the opposing QB or worked on our 3rd down conversions on both sides of the football. I truly believe the bye week before the game with EIU cost us a V against the squawks this season. I know it hurt us last year when we had to play iowa in our first game because of the weather cancellation.

2nd...as a fan's perspective....who wants a bye in the 2nd week after your season starts? Everybody is fired up and then we have a fan enthusiasm bye week killer. I am sure this killed a little attendance (actual people in the seats yesterday for ULM). The weather and tailgating is usually nice the 2nd week and we had to sit back and listen to the hawk garbage on how wonderful they were in playing basement dwelling Rutgers. Just venting and JMHO.....and yes....happy at the results yesterday...but..what if

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News