ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING August Visit Possible for 2018 LB

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
by Bill Seals

A Class of 2018 linebacker recruit from the state of Illinois currently has offers from Iowa State and Iowa, and is considering an August unofficial visit to Ames.

Lake Zurich rising junior Jack Sanborn received his Cyclone offer during the spring after looking impressive in front of assistant coach Lou Ayeni.

The 6-foot-2, 210-pound Sanborn later caught up with Ayeni and other coaches at a satellite camp at North Central College. Now the next step for the inside linebacker is a trip to see the ISU campus and facilities.

"It seems like they're pretty interested in me," said Sanborn. "Coach Ayeni came to my school during the spring to watch me work out around the time they offered me. I talked to Coach Veidt and Coach Campbell quite a bit at the camp.

"I'm still trying to get up there for a visit to see the campus for myself. Hopefully that will be before my junior year. We're looking at early August after they have started camp, so I can watch a practice."

Sanborn said he was impressed with what he saw at the satellite camp earlier this summer.

"I got to see how they interact with other kids my age and other possible recruits," he said. "I thought it was great. I liked how the whole coaching staff is excited that they're all back together. That's the vibe that I got. They're excited to have a good year."

Although Sanborn has yet to step foot on campus, he said he's heard good things about the program from others who have graduated from ISU.

"I know quite a few people that have gone to Iowa State in the Chicagoland area, so I've talked to them," he said. "I'm hoping to go see the campus and find out a little bit more."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News