ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Another Michigan Prospect Eyes Cyclones

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
by Bill Seals

Iowa State and Michigan are two early Power-5 offers for a junior offensive lineman who has a former high school teammate currently in Ames.

Walled Lake (Mich.) Western Jacob Dean, who has also secured MAC offers from Kent State and Ohio, said one of the Cyclones’ coaches was in town recently to follow up on an unofficial visit the big man took over the fall.

“A couple weeks ago, Coach (D.K.) McDonald came up to our school and talked to a few of our players,” said Dean, whose former teammate Rob Hudson will be a redshirt freshman offensive lineman the 2018 season.

“He said he wanted us to come down to a Junior Day visit or something like that. He talked about their facilities and how it’s brand new and up-to-date. It was pretty cool to see him again, as I hadn’t seen him since going down there for a game last fall.”

The 6-foot-8, 315-pound Dean, a three-star recruit with a 5.5 Rivals rating, said he’s been communicating with McDonald frequently during the contact periods.

“We’ve been talking about how the offseason has been going and how training has been going with the weights,” Dean said. “He asks me what I’ve been doing to get better in the weight room.”

In addition to having a connection with Hudson, Dean said he appreciates a number of other aspects of the Cyclone program.

“I really like their facilities and coaching staff,” Dean said. “I get a family vibe off of them and like that. Their coaches really make you feel like family there and that’s really important.

“Big Rob, went to our school and I’ve talked to him a couple times about it. He really likes it there. He likes the coaches and feels like it’s a family thing there. He said he’s probably going to start next year at guard as a redshirt freshman, so I think that’s really cool. I’d love to see him play.”

Dean said he’s planning to make a return trip to Ames in the near future.

“I don’t have anything scheduled yet, but am planning on coming down there soon,” he said. “I’d like to get to know more of the coaches, get to talk to more of the coaches and see more of the facilities than I did the last time.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News