ADVERTISEMENT

After finally seeing the new SPC and North end zone improvements….

jason33

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2004
Hadn’t been to JTS since the last home game in 2019.

So we arrive yesterday from Minneapolis at Noon, get situated in C4, then prior to cracking open the beverages, walked over for an up-close and personal meeting with our shiny new toys on the north end of the stadium. My immediate reactions:

The new Sports Performance Center (SPC) building is imposing. It’s a LOT bigger and more impressive in person….dare I say, it’s intimidating, in a way. That was just my gut reaction. It’s an imposing beast of a building when standing in front on the new plaza.

The SPC and the wonderful new north entrance plaza, catwalk and use of precast concrete panels to close-in the NEZ all create an even bigger-time feel to JTS. The north end of the stadium with the SPC and new plaza looks much more POLISHED, for lack of a better term.

Jack Trice Stadium with all of its improvements does NOT belong in a watered-down, barely-P5 conference. That’s just absurd. And I mean no offense to some of you on here talking up the positives of a new Big12 with those alleged 4 new schools being added soon. I do realize the B1G is far from a guarantee.

Honestly, as I stood there gawking at the imposing SPC and the totality of JTS, my belief that we will end up in the B1G when the current realignment dust eventually settles down is even stronger. JTS and the SPC scream “Big 10!”. Probably a little Cyclone homerism there, but I think it’s a valid observation.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News