ADVERTISEMENT

5 Star Players and UT

clonedaddy

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I found this quote from a 24/7 Sports article interesting.

Charlie Strong told me, when he was the head coach at Texas, he wasn't fired yet,” Herbstreit said. “He just got there, was getting a lot of heat. He said, 'this is a tough job because on one hand, they want me to recruit a lot of these five-stars in this state, but I don't think they're great players. But there's such immense pressure to recruit this player out of this area or this player because they're five stars. And if you don't recruit those players, they're going to crush you because you didn't land that recruit. And if you do bring them in, you're deep down I don't know if this guy is a dog.' ... Sark knew this before he went. In fact, he and I had a conversation when his name was in there. I called him and I said, 'are you going to take this?' He said, 'yeah I think I'm gonna.' And I said, 'you know the deal there right.' He goes 'oh yeah, before I even commit, I'm going to talk to them about how I’m going to have to do this. It’s going to be really hard to do this the right way. And as long as you’re going to support me through this, we’re going to do this. It’s not going to be pretty.

5 star players dogs? Whaaaat?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News