ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING 4-Star has Iowa State Official Visit Planned

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
by Bill Seals

A four-star recruit that’s ranked as one of the top-50 players in the state of California in 2018 has plans for an official visit to Ames later this month.

Calabasas senior safety Nikko Hall has had offers from several Power-5 schools throughout his recruiting process, and appears to be zeroing in on a select number of them as the weeks tick down until the February signing period.

I-State offered the 6-foot-2, 180-pound Hall last month, which caught the prospect’s eye given his close relationships with 2018 class members Dallas Taylor-Cortez and Re-Al Mitchell.

“Iowa State is definitely big,” said Hall. “They beat Oklahoma and TCU this season and that definitely stands out. I have a few friends that (have signed) with Iowa State and that’s a big deal for me. They’re excited. Since I got the offer, Dallas and I have been talking a lot and Re-Al has hit me up about it.”

Hall said he’s been impressed by how quickly the program has turned around in head coach Matt Campbell’s tenure.

“They’ve told me that they’re on the rise,” Hall said. “It was a four-year process, but they beat Oklahoma and TCU and it’s going to continue to grow from there. One thing Iowa State is doing to stick out is just winning. I also like the type of defense they play, which is a 4-2-5. That means three safeties will be on the field at the same time, doing what I like to do which is stopping the other team.”

Although he’s listed as a wide receiver in the Rivals database, Hall would be targeted to play in the secondary at ISU and says that’s fine with him.

“They’ve offered me as a safety, because they saw my film and think I’m a versatile player,” Hall said. “They like that I’m a playmaker and can come up and hit. I like playing on the defensive side, stopping opposing teams from scoring.”

During the recruiting process, Hall has secured P5 offers from the likes of ISU, Arizona, Arizona State, Boston College, Florida, Illinois, Louisville, Michigan State, Nebraska, Oregon, Oregon State, Purdue, Tennessee, UCLA, USC, Utah, Washington State and Wisconsin.

He’ll take his first two reported officials this month and one of those is to Ames.

“I scheduled a visit to Iowa State the weekend of January 19th,” he said. “I also have Tennessee on the 26th and Florida may be next weekend. A few other schools are still looking at me, like Oregon State and Nebraska. A few others may come in late.”

Reactions: iclone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News