ADVERTISEMENT

2015 pre-season All Big 10 team

jason33

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2004
Looks like Phil Steele doesn't think all that highly of the hoks' 2015 players. I was particularly surprised at how Iowa's offensive line is barely represented on Steele's All Big 10 teams, especially considering the hoks' tendency to always have a good OLine. I like how this sets up for our defense.

This and UNI's rumored being down this year gives me even more hope for wining our first two home games this fall. We need ALL the help we can get to get off to a good start early on. I think 3-1 to start the season is not only doable, but pretty much a mandatory requirement If Rhoads wants even a chance to be retained. I think a 3-1 start means we'd need to beat 2 more Big 12 teams (other than KU) to get to 5 wins, the threshold for Rhoads being retained.

If we upset Texas in Ames and beat someone like Tech or WVU on the road, along with home wins over the hoks, UNI and Kansas, that'd be a pretty damned strong resume for keeping Rhoads, even if only 5 wins, as it would demonstrate true improvement over the past 2 years. Not to mention, that scenario would mean several damned satisfying home wins for the Cyclone faithful. No way Rhoads would be let go in this scenario.

http://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/phil-steeles-2015-pre-season-all-big-ten-team.25083/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News