ADVERTISEMENT

1st Cap City Recap? Here you go...

Stormclone

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2001
Two years ago I left thinking Lard and Shayok were studs. Last year Halliburton stood out. With that being said, Tre Jackson and Mercedes Leech were absolute studs tonight. Both shot lights out from 3. Jackson had a THT moment where he took one step past half court, elevated, and hit the jump shot...from half court! His shot is extremely quick, efficient, and repetitive. He does shoot it low but had no problems getting it off.

Leech is much more of a scorer than a shooter. But he would go in stretches where he would hit 3 or 4 in a row. He is all of 6’5 but he is THIN. Like maybe 140 lbs thin. But you can see why he was a 5 star. He has same quickness as Donovan Jackson had. He will be a stud if he can stay healthy.

Both transfers will really help us. I liked the Troy transfer better than Bolton. But if Bolton can commit to being a point guard first and scorer 2nd, he will really help us. Thick lower body and can really elevate. The Johnson kid really reminds me of Wesley Johnson. Really smooth and athletic. Can shoot the 3.

Griffin put up 48 pts against Jackson’s team but was a lot less efficient, but he had a really nice 2nd half. Has more of a midrange game. The bigs have put on a lot of size. Solomon Young looks like he put on another 10 lbs of muscle. He was HUGE. Jacobson’s arms were quite a bit bigger too.

One last note, Iowa and ISU screwed the pooch in the Samake kid who is going to Drake. He looks like a lot like the Baylor wings of the past few years. He is a major conference talent at a mid-major. Also, Luke Anderson was sick and didn’t play. Would have been nice to compare them.

Just my 2 cents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News