ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Weekend Visitor Roll Growing All the Time

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
Unless my memory is failing me, none of the previous three staffs ever had a big recruiting visit weekend in June. So as this coming weekend has been taking shape, the question that kept coming up in my head was, "Just how big is this thing going to get?" It's still forming, but it's going to be awfully big.

Most of the 2017 verbal commitments will be on campus, save the pair (Chandler & Morgan) that just visited last weekend.

Prospects that are mostly firm right now:

Tampa (Fla.) Jesuit RB Malik Davis has 20+ offers with many P5 schools.

West Palm Beach (Fla.) CB Cedrick Dort is on his way to Iowa State; they left today but driving, so visit really won't start until Friday (along with teammate Kenih Lovely - more info below).

2018 Cedar Hill (Tex.) RB Joshua Fleeks, a recent ISU offer, coming with teammate Deven Lamp (see below); Illinois, Houston & SMU offers.

Jacksonville (Fla.) CB Quran Hafiz had sent me a twitter message a couple of weeks ago that he is visiting on Saturday...and he did just back to me on Tue. afternoon confirming visit is ON.

4-star who has said he is coming is Orchard Lake (Mich.) 4-star WR Kahlee (KJ) Hamler.

Douglasville (Ga.) RB Daetrich Harrington has 20+ offers, but only Iowa State and Kansas for Power 5 programs.

Cincinnati (Ohio) DB Keontae Jones is visiting, per update from Rivals' Josh Hemholdt. This is a postponement from a couple of weekends ago when he did not end up coming as other brother Deshaunte reported to ISU as an incoming frosh.

Charlie Kolar, 2017 TE, Norman (Okla.) - Iowa State is his only significant offer; have to think Reese Leitao is higher on the board at TE position, but they wouldn't have Kolar coming if he was much of a slow play, IMO

Cedar Hill (Tex.) DE Deven Lamp is visiting. He told us a couple of weeks ago he might do so and has confirmed with twitter posting. You might remember he is an Iowa native.

Jenks (Okla.) 2017 tight end Reese Leitao will be visiting Iowa State Saturday (change of plans) he told Bill. Previously he had said he was coming on Thursday.

NE Oklahoma A&M DL Wiley Lester, who I posted about earlier.

West Palm Beach (Fla.) Dwyer 2018 CB Kenih Lovely has eight offers, mostly Power 5, and is visiting Iowa State Friday, departing Fla. today.

2019 Oak Park (Mich.) QB Dwan Mathis is at Iowa State this weekend, according to Mich. HS publication The D Zone. Has some very early Group of 5 (G5) conference offers. He'll be participating in SNL camp.

A new name for me that I just heard about is 2018 RB Shamaur McDowell from Wesley Chapel (Fla.); claims a pair of offers - Iowa State & Toledo. He'll be participating in SNL camp.

Tarique Milton, 2017 WR, Bradenton (Fla.) Manatee - comes from a HS that has produced a ton of Div. I players. ISU got on him fairly recently; has a number of P5 offers.

Another addition for the weekend: 2017 tackle Thayer Munford from Massillon (Ohio). Another highly sought after 3-star with multiple Power 5 offers plus many more. Another Massillon kid named Austin Kutscher said on twitter he is visiting, too - I do not know what caliber prospect he is at this time.

Another new name is 2018 Charlotte (NC) LB Gerald Nathan; just found his twitter and ISU offered around 6/13

Recent Indiana commit Tramar Reece apparently still coming on previously planned visit; thought he might cancel, but he said he's coming.

Another Massillon (Ohio) prospect just tweeted that he is on his way to Ames: 2017 three-star DT Malcolm Robinson.

Largo (Fla.) DE Bobby Roundtree is coming in Friday.

Belleville (Mich.) DB Jordan Ulmer; Iowa State is only P5 offer to date.

A late addition for the weekend might be the best prospect of all: 4-star Madison (Ga.) defensive tackle M.J. Webb. Getting him to make the trip is really amazing. He has offers from many elite programs, most recently Alabama.

And, oh by the way, there will be another Saturday Night Lights camp this weekend as well. I doubt m/any of the unofficial visitors will participate, but there will be some legit prospects there nonetheless, including 2018 offer holder Saybein Clark from Sioux City Heelan. I'm told they are expecting 300+ for Saturday's camp and surely potential Division I material will be up as well.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News