ADVERTISEMENT

Wayne Stanley CyCast

OhioClone

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2001
You may have seen that there was a CyCast podcast released yesterday featuring Former ISU QB Wayne Stanley. It's a good listen if interested as he shares some good old stories about playing for Earle Bruce (and initially wanting him to get fired). At the end of the podcast he makes a brief mention of his son Demetrius Stanley needing prayers as he was fighting Prostate Cancer and was not doing well.

Unfortunately Demetrius lost his battle on Thursday morning at the age of 48. Demetrius was a well known former Buckeye wide receiver here in central OH and had been a fixture on local sports Buckeye coverage.

Wayne's career at ISU was before my Cyclone days (I was still in elementary school in SE Iowa), but I had one very brief chance to talk to him shortly after we moved to Ohio in the late 1990s. Seemed like a really good man and you could tell he still wanted to be engaged with Cyclone nation. Nothing much else to say but it struck me this morning as I saw the news about Demetrius, then not an hour later came across the new CyCast episode with Wayne. I've seen how the loss of a son (or any child) can hit a father...even when it happens later in life. And so am keeping Wayne and the entire Stanley family in thoughts and prayers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News