ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA Coach Cronin on Tourney & ISU

Top Clone

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2008
Thought this was interesting. Mick Cronin on Cowherd this afternoon. He says "metrics" point to UConn & AZ as both are in the top ten in both offensive and defensive efficiency.

BUT he goes on to say the team he's seen ("eye test") with great guard play, "really good guard play" is the Cyclones! He says we don't have a great offense but it's good enough. And we have "a couple of big guys" so we've got ten fouls to give. He says we can frustrate teams because they can't practice the way we play. We don't turn it over. We do "all the things" that give us a chance.

We are a problem because we are hard to score against, we're tough and experienced.

A lot of teams want don't want to "slow dance" and against us you have to be able to handle a 65-60 game.

It was an interesting interview and the minute he mentioned "guard play" I knew we were coming!

The above is based on my hours-old memory but I think I'm really close. I'm sure you can find in on the podcast if interested.

GO CYCLONES 🏀

Edit: The teamrankings.com site has the Cyclones #48 in offensive efficiency and IL #5. We are #2 in defensive efficiency and IL is #148.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News