ADVERTISEMENT

Thread down below on Cincy....

Cylebrate

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
saying cincy or the QB were not that good....I don't know about that. I think our defense (and offense) came to play with an attitude. I have a feeling cincy takes baylor to the woodshed next game.

Cincy was averaging around 444 yards/game and all their losses were close coming into our game. They outgained (and by first downs by a large margin) two of the teams they lost to and the third loss was oklahoma where they were in the red zone 3 times with nada points against the sooners in a 20-10 game. I thought we could beat cincy, but was surprised at the margin.

Cincy's QB was an athlete that could run and his passing was not that bad (with an exception of a blatant overthrow). Our secondary is just plain great (we swarmed their receivers)....including our linebackers coming on strong also. Our offense and defense is night and day from the ohio game....but if I had to critique one thing on defense is....we have to improve on the QB keepers where we seem to sell out for the running back. We were actually containing okiehoma fairly well for most of the 1st half, except for the QB keepers....as the Cincy QB was fast and shifty also. That cocky okie QB made me sick.

I see with a week off....Heacock will work on this group and we have the potential to be an elite defense in the conference by the end of the year again with some of the youth becoming veterans.. The improvement on both sides of the ball was outstanding. It is fun to see Nate call great plays even though we are not there yet in the line blocking yet (but improving). That's all folks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News