ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts after viewing replay

CloneForever

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
First time seeing the game since I went to youth hockey yesterday. I can't really disagree with any comments made that I have read, so I will just add my own.

The offensive line had problems handling the rush. But Purdy didn't help by shuffling into even more pressure. Case in point was the last throw. If he slides left the line had sealed the Offensive left off well. OU got pressure on the Right edge but Schweiger did a decent job of holding him (legally) but Brock swung right and into pressure that was not really there. If he slides left he had an easy throw to Allen OR a touch down to Hall coming across if he had slid left and waited a half count more.

We do not do enough to get the ball to Hall in space. IMO. We lost a chance to take control of the game with the screw ups at the end of the half (10 point swing) and particularly pathetic play calling on our first 2 possessions of the 2nd half at midfield. Most of that is on coaching, imo. The double forward pass is inexcusable. That HAS to be drilled everytime you run it in practice. And to not take advantage of that field position at the 50 early in the 2nd half is inexcusable.

And the penalties were really disappointing. Just a gut reaction, but with 3 elite weapons (Kolar, Hall, Hutchison) and a really good QB, we should have trusted the offense more. There was no need to play conservative with this group. Unless you knew the OLine was crap from the beginning.

Just some thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News