ADVERTISEMENT

The Fred Recruiting Disaster

arky

Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2002
When Fred left he stuck us with a disaster of his failure to recruit for two years. He took advantage of us helping him by knowing he had an NBA job and not doing the recruiting that he disliked before he left leaving us with two blank years of recruits. The only soph or jr on the team recruited by Fred is Babb, another transfer. Even worse, he quit in June leaving the staff with a great need for big guy help long after most had signed elsewhere. So they signed one guy in desperation and took two graduate transfers this fall hoping they would find some help.

You can't get some of the very few good big guys unless you have a long time to do it and the mess Fred left gave them no time to fix it. It took most of a year to get four star Lard and the top rated three four star guys coming in this summer.

Fred took advantage of our help and stuck us before he left.

ISU President Steve Leath is a strong supporter of the current staff. By the way Steve and his wife Janet will be staying with us next weekend, so you know my source which I am sure some of you doubt. There used to be a lot of us here but most are gone.

This is my last post and I will leave like the others who had truly inside information from top sources. I have seen far too much stupid commentary and personal attacks by those who know nothing, which I hope are simply teenagers, but I doubt it.

I don't read comments about my posts and you know why.

My best posts were during the Big 12 when I knew the conference was not going to die because I am a friend of retired ISU President Greg Geoffroy, who I still going fishing with during the winter.

Good bye, Arky

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News