ADVERTISEMENT

Talent (?) On Offense

CloneForever

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
We don't have overwhelming talent. No big revelation there. But we do have enough. But it is young and/or inexperienced.

At QB, I am coming around to Rocco. We can win with him at the helm. He needs more help than a Brock Purdy. But everyone not named Seneca has needed that for ISU.

Higgins is going to be fine at WR. We forget X wasn't an immediate success. He struggled to adjust from CC to the Big XII. I think we are seeing the same from Higgins as he adjusts from FCS ball. Not sure of his top end but he will be a weapon, imo.

Jackson may be the sleeper. He was a highly rated HS JUNIOR and missed his Senior year due to a car accident, then got hurt in 2020 (foot injury), and struggled to stay healthy. He shows promise and the others will be fine IF Higgins and Jackson develop into a legit 1 & 2.

Brahmer is Charlie Kolar. Probably better at the age. I am not sold on the other TE's yet, particularly as blockers. There are no Chase Allens or Dylan Soehners. Yet.

I still believe the RB room has talent. Not Breece Hall talent, but talent that can be successful.

Which brings to the forefront the problem. The offensive line is not fixed. It may be worse. Talent lost has not been replaced. Maybe Remsberg will help. It still looks to me we get bullied way too often be defensive lines and get little to no help from Tight Ends. I don't know if the coaching is better, the same, or worse. The results are not visibly better.

Fix this, and there is enough skill talent to be successful. Don't fix it, and all the scheming in the world will just be polishing a turd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News