ADVERTISEMENT

Taco Depot

Lone Clone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Interesting place. Don't know if it's a chain or not. It's in the former Hardees building on Kirkwood Blvd, just south of the intersection with Highway 30.

I had noticed this place a few times but never patronized it. Yesterday I was in the neighborhood around noon so went there for lunch.

It is a kind of unique hybrid. It still has the drive-through window operating. It has a bar with several beers on draught. The menu is basically tacos and burritos but different than what you get elsewhere. For instance, my taco was soft, but not like a puffy soft. It was more like two crepes, very thin, and you couldn't eat it in the car because it doesn't hold together. I don't think a crunchy taco is an option, but I could be wrong. . I got the "Taco Depot", which has meat, avocado salsa and sour cream. No lettuce or tomato. A lot of meat. You have a wide choice of meats. Besides ground beef, steak and chicken, they offer chorizo (which is what I got), as well as tongue and tripe. There is a veggie option, too. Mine was very good. Two of them and a large diet Coke was about $10. I definitely will go again.

Reactions: Psyclone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News