ADVERTISEMENT

So Long Section 5'ers (Personal so skip if you wish.)

Top Clone

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2008
The time has finally come for me to say goodbye to my FB season tickets. I've (we've) been in Section 5 for decades. Had plenty of opportunities to move close to mid-field but I always felt Section 5 was the place. I've been going to games since my Frosh year '73. For many years after still attended games but got tickets individually. Have been season ticket holder since +/- '85.

I've lived about 1,300 miles away since 2015. Kept tickets going because I believed and wanted to support. Obviously the number of games I've been able to attend has waned much since then. My daughter has used them and I've provided some to others. Daughter and SIL are at a point in their lives where they can't participate enough to justify purchasing. And, I simply don't possess the resources to continue. This is a sad thing to me as I really had hoped to keep it going. But I have to recognize I can't at this time.

I want to thank you section mates. For the most part ;) you have been an awesome group! I have enjoyed so many of the personalities even though I do not know you by name. One thing I will always cherish, is many of you have commented to my daughter: "Boy if your Dad was here, he'd be going crazy!" I'm always going to take that as a badge of honor. And, I'm always going to be so very thankful for being able to take my daughter to games for years. I raised her right! She is a greater Cyclone than me :)

I don't mean this to whine, what I want you to know, is I appreciate the opportunity to be with you in The Jack cheering on our beloved Cyclones! I will never forget it. I hope you are Blessed with even greater things ahead as you cheer on the Clones!

From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU! and GO CYCLONES!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News