ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting reset

SPECTRE

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Here's where we sit (as far as I know). Class is starting to get pretty full.

QB: Kohl
RB: Hansen
WR: Black and Parkes committed. Still in the running for Manning, although it sounds like he is a KSU lean. Ngoyi hasn't decided yet, but we may be running 3rd behind Washington and Nebraska. Not sure if there are any other major targets or if they'll just sit at 2 if they miss out on both those guys.
TE: Sadiq is the main guy left and would be a great get. I think that it's us, Michigan and Washington. Burhenn and Anciaux are off the board, so if we miss out on Sadiq, it's back to the drawing board.
OL: This is the best OL class I can remember at ISU. Rhodes, Black, Buhr, Henderson are good gets and should up the talent in the OL room. They're still in on Patterson, who is deciding on the 4th likely between us and Arkansas. If we don't get him, I think we stick at 4.
DL: They have Hammond as kind of the true NG and Cunningham as more of an inside/outside player. They have a real shot at beating out the Gophers for Elineus Davis, who should be deciding soon. If he stays in-state, I think we'll just sign Hammond and Cunningham.
DE: Getting Same is a great start. We're still right in it for Jordan Allen. The potential jewel of the class is Blake Purchase, who has reportedly delayed his commit date. We're going to go down to the wire on him with Oregon.
LB: They have Sadowsky and Ebel on board, missed out on Moore and Stevens. I wonder whether they are fine with staying at 2 given who they signed in the previous few classes. Or, do they circle back and try to flip McKinney from Miami Ohio or find someone else?
CB: It was good to get Sama on board. At least we have one guy that has some pretty good upside. I think that the other one that we're waiting on is McClendon. Underrated kid who has mostly G5 and FCS offers. I wonder if we're really pushing here and if we are, why he hasn't committed.
S: No matter who else commits, Patton is going to be one of the stars of the class. They got Smith early and he has kind of flown under the radar. They took Ta'Shawn James where I kind of thought they would hold out for Norris Davis, who is likely down to us and BC. So, do they take 4 if they can get them or has the ship sailed on Davis?

So far, 17 commits, 8-9 major prospects still deciding. I think that we get Elineus Davis, McClendon, Jordan Allen. 50/50 on Purchase and Sadiq. Probably less than 50/50 on Manning, Ngoyi, Norris Davis. After this coming week, I'd guess they regroup and start looking at fall officials for a few players to finish up the class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News