ADVERTISEMENT

Random thoughts on a cold Saturday

IwasIlliniCy

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I currently can't get enough Cyclone basketball content, so I'm creating some ramblings of my own. :)

1) With 3 games over the next three weeks (actually 3 games over the next 10 days with a 10-day break), It will be great to get these guys some rest. Surely they will get a couple to a few days to go home for the holidays and recharge their batteries? They need to be fresh on New Year's Day.

2) What's the Jaden Walker story? Doghouse, injury, or just not good enough? Can't guard a flagpole?

3) I'm beginning to believe more and more that The Wizard of Otz was the man behind the curtain of Fred's success here. I love Fred, but Fred hasn't and apparently can't win without him.

4) After the Oregon St game, I said to friends and family that "I don't know how many games these guys will win, but they're going to be damn fun to watch.". Yup.

5) That Baylor game is the barometer of all barometers. I think we're pretty damn good and will be undefeated on 1/1, but I'm still not at 100% convinced. We have some good wins, but some don't look as good as they seemed at the time. Oregon St is 1-8. Memphis hasn't won since we pantsed them. Maybe we stole both those teams' mojo.
I'll get back to you on Creighton after they play BYU today, their first game since losing to Iowa State. The Xavier win is without a doubt the best win so far and a resume win.

6) RE: Point 5....defense, rebounding and hustle don't slump, and because of that I do lean strongly toward the "we're for real" side of things.

7) I love Robert Jones. I don't really think he's very good, but he's entertaining as hell and he leaves it all on the floor......whatever it is.

8) Otz should make Izaiah Brockington play right-handed only against the 3 upcoming slappy states. Starting with Scott Drew, his left hand will be taken away in conference play. He'll need to show he can go the other way.

9) If Kalscheur can get his shot dialed in consistently, look out.

10) Nobody has scored over 70 points against this team. Xavier scored 70 even.

11) Perhaps once last year's data falls off of the computer ratings, we might get a true feeling of just how good we've been so far. Palm gave us a glimpse, I suppose.

12) I'm so glad that Cyclone Basketball is back. Ain't it fun?!?!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News