ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterback Thoughts

CloneForever

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
With camp ended and school starting, the focus really turns to football. It is only 2 weeks away.

Thus we have a chance to turn to positions. There are probably more positions open fo uncertainty than any season in recent memory. Defensive backfield is pretty set with the starters at all 5 positions.

Will linebacker will be Vaughn. Oneyedim and Petersen likely start at DE.

Hufford will start somewhere on the Oline and Miller will be one of the tackles. The rest, I am not sure.

At QB, I assume the coaches know who is number 1. Maybe they announce this week or at the pre-UNI Press Conference. Or MC still thinks there is some kind of coaching advantage to not announcing. I don't see that but I don't get paid 4.5 million to coach football, so there is that.

If we don't know who number 1 is or they truly intend to run a 2 QB system, I think we are in trouble. I am of the "if you have 2 QBs, you have no QBs" school. Worked with Hardeman/Stanley because they were to separate styles. I hope someone has taken charge.

I think it is prudent to remind everyone the reports from spring ball was Dekkers was the clear #1 - and it wasn't close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News