ADVERTISEMENT

Offense thoughts

CloneForever

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Obviously, our biggest issue is offense. Defense is good, special teams is improving, but offense is stagnant, being nice.

A couple of obvious comments. We HAVE to fix the offensive line to be able to run the ball. Whether that is recruiting, scheme, coaching, S&C, or all the above, I don't know. It has to be fixed.

But, for the rest of the offense, we recruit okay to really well. Maybe not top end, but certainly sufficient to win. And we have RB, TE, WR, and QB talent in the NFL. Not a lot but players who, developed under this staff, have gotten a chance.

But what makes our defense reasonably strong and our offense lacking? It is not talent. So that leaves coaching and scheme. We have beaten coaching to death, pro and con. No sense on another thread on that. (Note I have strongly implied something has to give regarding Oline.) So, what about scheme?

It seems to me, with limited knowledge, that we need to have a more versatile running game. To me, that involves 2 running options instead of 1. And the ability to attack from a variety of angles.

How do you get 2 running options? 2 RB's, or a RB and true Wing Back, or run the QB. And if you run the QB, say 10 times a game, you need 2 ready to play and 1 who can get there. And the ability to run and throw effectively. Or angles bt putting the QB under center more.

What system fits the type of recruits we can bring in? (All assuming we fix the Oline?)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News