ADVERTISEMENT

New Parking Lot Feature

Psyclone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Oakland > Ames > Cedar Rapids
I drove by the new lots last weekend. The lines are painted in the D-lots. As you may recall they are no longer diagonal parking spots, but instead perpendicular to the aisle. The rows appear to be spaced further apart.

What I saw may put a smile on some faces and frowns on others. There are a new set of red lines behind the spaces that define the boundary for your tailgating. It allows the aisle to stay clear for cars driving down the aisle. They appeared to give adequate room for normal tailgating, but it's hard to judge without cars parked and tents and tables set up behind the cars. I suppose the big tailgate setups with long vehicles could be a problem for those folks unless they have a group parked side-by-side together, which would be nice.

Whether you like it or not, I think the lines are a great idea. It is a real pain in the rear for late arrivers that aren't able to drive down the aisle to park. In my lot with my large turning radius vehicle, I wouldn't be able to get in my spot if I came late. It would be difficult even if no one were tailgating in the aisle. But I think the spacing in 85E is less than what it appeared to be in the new lots.

I predict a fair amount of bitching to take place after the first game. Even if more people approve than disapprove the complainers are always the most vocal. For those people, just buy a few extra Ames Lagers to enhance your miserable tailgating experience. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News