ADVERTISEMENT

In-State football recruiting 2022 (Projecting where they'll land)

Dbqclone

Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 1, 2001
I've been hoping that 2022 would be the year that we could finally take away some of the Hawks in-state thunder in regards to recruiting and we both currently have one each with Jacob Imming committing to us and Aaron Graves of Southeast Valley having been long committed to Iowa. I thought it would be interesting to kind of see where stands with who's left in the state (in order of state rankings) and what their forecast looks like. Bill or anyone else on the board that has insights into where someone may be leaning, feel free to give your two cents!

Xavier Nwankpa, Safety, Southeast Polk: I honestly have a hard time believing that either us or Iowa end up getting Nwankpa as he has gotten offers from Clemson, LSU, Ohio State and pretty much anyone that's anything in college football. That being said his dad is a former Iowa State track athlete so maybe a special season next year could entice him to stay home?

Hunter Deyo, DT, Lewis Central: This one's been pretty quiet on the Iowa State front as of late it seems and it looks like Crystal Ball on 247 projects him to land in Iowa City. I would think Nebraska may be another player in this recruitment as well.

Eli Raridon, TE, West Des Moines Valley: I actually felt really good about this one as of late, especially with the emergence of our tight end room. However, it looks like Notre Dame is going to be really tough to beat with the family history here. His grandfather coached there under Lou Holtz and his dad played there. I would say we'd be behind the 8 ball currently.

Jaxon Dailey, QB, Southeast Polk: Another one that's been really quiet lately I feel like. After an early Michigan offer, we were quick to follow and I would think we should still be in decent standing here. Although, it does appear that the staff may have their eyes on some other quarterbacks in the class out of state. With our current pipeline, though, I wouldn't be opposed to taking two QB's in 2022.

Will McLaughlin, LB, Harlan: This one in my opinion could be the next domino to fall for us, and would be a massive start to our linebacker recruiting to have both him and Imming in the fold. Supposedly a lifelong ISU fan, his twitter certainly indicates he follows the program pretty closely still and appears to be a lean towards the good guys.

Spruceton Buddenhagen, OL, Clarke Community: With offers from both Iowa State and Nebraska, have not heard much on him at all. He's pretty much non-existent on social media and no recruiting sites have done recent features with him it appears. Tough to tell, but very limited OL class in-state for 2022 so would be nice to keep him home.

Gabe Burkle, TE, C.R. Praire: It appears we're in a good spot here, and I would assume we would really prioritize him especially if Raridon heads to South Bend. Nice sized athlete that is probably under the radar a bit after a season-ending injury.

Kale Krogh, OL, Ballard: It appears that if we want him, we will get him. Looks to be a nice, mobile, offensive lineman that could develop into a player. Seems like he really wants to be a Cyclone, which I love and hope it works out assuming it's the right fit.

Dominic Wiseman, DT, Davenport North: We haven't offered yet, but some analysts are pretty high on him. Worth noting that we took his brother as a 2021 walk-on so maybe an offer could be coming?

Jahsiah Galvin, DB, West Liberty: This kid seems like someone that is about to blow up but I believe Nebraska is currently his only high-major offer as of yet. Looks like we've been sending him some recruiting graphics lately though so maybe an offer is on the horizon.

Others: Some other names that the staff appears to at least be monitoring are Luke Gaffney from Linn-Mar, Trey Porter from Ankeny, and Corey Phillips from Ames. Let me know if I am missing anyone or if anyone has any insights or thoughts!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News