ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Fla. DB Considering I-State Official

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
by Bill Seals

Iowa State is in good shape to host a Florida prep safety on an official visit after offering over the spring and increasing its level of contact with the talented defensive prospect.

Orlando Windermere rising senior Khadry Jackson said the staff liked what it saw during the recent evaluation period and decided to extend an offer. Since picking up the offer, the 6-foot-2, 200-pound Jackson said he’s heard from many of the program’s defensive coaches, who have all given him positive reviews.

“They’ve said I am very athletic,” Jackson said. “Coach Rasheed talked about how last year they were in one type of defense at the beginning of the year, but it wasn’t working out for them, so they switched to a new defense with three safeties. He said they feel like they could use me as that box safety, because of my ability to tackle and also play in space because of my speed. I’ve also talked to Coach (Tyson) Veidt and he said they could also move me to a SAM linebacker, which is a very athletic position.”

Jackson said he’s also done his share of research on his own.

“I know they beat Oklahoma and that was a big win,” he said. “Since the offer, I’ve been looking more into Iowa State and talking to Coach (Tyler) Scudder and Coach Veidt. I know the defense is going to be even better this year. They run a defense that a lot of teams haven’t seen before, so that causes problems. That’s a positive about it.”

ISU has clearly made recruiting Jackson a priority, as have several other Power-5 schools including Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, NC State and Rutgers which have all offered scholarships. Jackson has visits scheduled to NC State and UCF this month.

“I haven’t narrowed down a list but I’m very open to schools,” he said. “I like Iowa State a lot. I like the coaches and the family-oriented feel that they give me. They care about me like I’m part of the family and we have great communication.”

I-State and Jackson have had discussions about an official visit, according to the recruit, and have decided to do one during the upcoming football season.

Reactions: Chester90
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News