ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN: All the chaos that can still happen

Cyanide

Legend
Sep 13, 2001
Having a job that works with media on a daily basis, it honestly irks me when they're lazy and don't know facts and post articles.

Heather Dinich of ESPN had an article late last night about all the chaos that could still happen yet this season in college football.

For instance:

2. The Big 12 produces a two-loss champion

The good news for the Big 12 this week was that it still has two one-loss playoff contenders in West Virginia and Oklahoma. The bad news? They're on a collision course to play each other twice in two weeks. Somebody is going to have to lose on Nov. 23 in Morgantown, when WVU hosts the Sooners in the regular-season finale. If they are both still leading the league with one loss at that point, they will play each other again in the Big 12 championship -- and if the Nov. 23 loser wins the rematch, it would produce a two-loss conference champion. While this would essentially eliminate the Big 12 from the playoff, it could open the door for (A) a one-loss Ohio State as Big Ten champ or (B) a one-loss Notre Dame.

You can't leave comments on the article so I found her on Twitter and called her out saying that's not true. I pointed out if OU and WVU are still each one loss and ISU wins out...if OU wins it's not OU vs WVU in the title game, it's OU vs ISU. She hasn't responded.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...playoff-chaos-happen-season-final-three-weeks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News