ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone really think the PAC 12 will stay together?

CeMar_Clone

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2001
Reading all these tweets and rumors and watching rumor videos, and yes, everything is highly suspect. However, I can not believe that there is anyway that the PAC 12 schools will "Stick together", as some are saying. It makes no sense for all of them to "Stick together". Here are some reasons I believe their long term validity is not happening.

1) The money is at best about what they could make in the Big 12 (and it could be much worse).
2) Oregon and Washington are talking GOR that is 3 years or none. (Obviously they plan on leaving, all though I don't believe the Big 10 will ever be interested in them).
3) Unequal distribution, new members take big pay cut.
4) Very little exposure, probably just Apple TV. Kids are not going to get good NIL deals without exposure nationwide.
5) Time slot is late night, they need to be in all 4 time zones for maximum exposure.
6) It only takes one to bring it all down. Heck that one could be San Diego State. They are counting on SDSU to get the bad contract they are getting, as well as expecting SDSU to take a lot less for their share. If Big 12 would take SDSU now, that could be the domino that brings the PAC down. Or WSU or OSU, they are the left behinds on this (if offered, they really have no choice but to jump ship). Again, the Big 12 could take one of them just to bring down the whole league right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News