ADVERTISEMENT

Discover Any New Restaurants Lately?

Psyclone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Oakland > Ames > Cedar Rapids
I'm having a string of good luck finding new restaurants lately. At least new to me.

I recently discovered the Blue Fish Hawaii Poke Bowl in campustown and loved it. I've returned many times since despite the fact it was closed for a few weeks for the owners vacation.

Although not new, I've gained a new appreciation for Big Acai Bowl in Ames. I had a craving for some fruit so stopped in and ordered a bowl with an Oatmeal base, mixed fruit, granola and honey. Outstanding! I've been back a few times trying a sorbet base and the oatmeal again. Good stuff except something wasn't right with my second oatmeal bowl. I'll give them another chance. When its made correctly, its delicious.

Now to the real reason for this thread. A new locally owned Mexican place opened on Boyden Road in Hiawatha near the Lucky Penny. Its called 4 Hermanos. I love Mexican food and this is about as good as it gets for a fast casual restaurant. I've sampled a number of different things and each one is better than the last. I think its family owned & operated. If you're ever in Cedar Rapids check this place out.

So let's hear it. What new places have you discovered?

Reactions: cyincedar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News