ADVERTISEMENT

Cutting the Cord Question

SiouxCyty

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
So I have a Cable bundle with local longlines and have been a Cable customer back to the early '80s. Longlines has great Wifi and the cable has been reasonable but my negotiating connection has left them (a current ISU wrestler's dad:) and the lady I usually work through with him is hard to get ahold of. I get 600 speed wifi along with a smart wifi box for $80 plus $10 but my total bill has gone from $184 to $233 since September and I'm tired of negotiating and getting 3-6 month deals. Think I'm headed to YoutubeTV and upgrade my Wifi to 1 gig for $10 more. They only charge $2 for in home extenders which I have one of currently. I figure my combined bills will be in the neighborhood of $170ish.

I have new smart TV's in our family room and oldest son's room, but honestly our 12 and 20 year old sons never watch TV. My youngest doesn't even want one since he has a gaming monitor in his room. However, my older Sony 46" in our living room isn't a smart TV but works fine otherwise. We have a 10 year old Apple TV but it doesn't carry the new aps. So until I replace the Sony what is the best and least expensive streaming device any of you would recommend? Probably leaning to a Roku but not sure what kind. TIA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News