ADVERTISEMENT

Could it ever be repaired?

jerseycy

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I hope this isn't off topic but I saw a thread about EIU vs Wisconsin and it made me wonder if there will ever be a day where the two schools don't hate each other as much as they do now. I'm not gonna lie (to paraphrase the only EIU football player I can currently stand) but I utter a curse word whenever I see that they actually won a game in anything. It goes back, for me, more years than some on this board have been alive. Raisin Face made it a holy mission to ruin us so badly that we would never pose a threat to their primacy. It almost seemed a few of our AD's and coaches signed up for that too. But as we've gotten better and bigger, and since I don't live in Iowa anymore and don't have to witness their crap firsthand, I kind of shrugged when they beat Wisconsin as if it didn't really matter in any respect. But that is foreign to me. I live to see them lose. I know I'm poisoned but what about others? There are a few who I actually know who put EIU first, but act as if they cheer for us "when you're not playing the hawks." Do those people exist on our side? Does this really matter? Will it evolve in some what where the two sides view each other as "Iowa teams" and actually root for each other? Personally, I can't see it, but there are far more rational voices on this forum than me. Screw the hoks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News