ADVERTISEMENT

BY Big12 Vision?

Cloniac

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I could see the following scenario playing out.

1. Add AZ (necessary first step).

2. Add Or/Wa - and add no more Pac schools. - “marriage of convenience”
If the Big is not ready to add them now, we could be a landing spot to protect their brand for the duration of our GOR - end of 30-31 season. Even if they split then for the Big10, we still pocket the exit fees while leaving more room to add ACC teams if available at that time.
Doubling up in Az and Utah right now doesn’t make sense to me and I see more value in adding ACC leftovers if available. Also leaves the Pac with 6 teams - still alive but not a threat. This would be done with the Big10’s blessing - not convinced they want to add right now until they know about ND and if ACC teams can move. Enticing OR/WA seems a bit far fetched but I can see a plausible pathway for this as outlined.

3. BB only adds. I don’t think the all sports adds forecloses a BB play which I think BY wants to emphasize. Add Gonzaga and UCONN (go to 20 league games with 3 home and homes). To entice UCONN, guarantee them 4-5 FB games a year with some scheduling flexibility (ND lite) - UCF might play them every year with the remainder stuck with an OOC game once every 4-5 years.

Reactions: winforcy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News