ADVERTISEMENT

Brock

CLCY

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2001
My wife and I have a town home in Sarasota, FL that we're fortunate enough to enjoy 4 or 5 months every year. We're a few miles from a large church called "Bayside." Yesterday I was getting ready to head to church and it was a bit chilly so I decided to put on a sweater with a Iowa State logo on the chest. Turned out to be a good decision. The lead pastor was giving the sermon on "Challenge" and one of the first sentences out of his mouth was how much he's enjoyed following the story of Brock Purdy, to which about 10 people (my wife and I include) started cheering loudly in this auditorium of about 2500. He was amused, acknowledged us politely and continued his story saying how Brock went to Iowa State (to which we 10 started cheering loudly again). The pastor, again amused ,made some wise crack about us vocal fans and continued. What a great day to be in a crowd that large, be a proud Iowa Stater and proud Brock Purdy fan. If you'd like to see the sermon, Bayside posts them at www.mybayside.church. I'd try and do something myself but me trying to do it would go about as me well as trying to baptize a cat. So anyway, if you get a chance, watch it. You might enjoy it. In fact, watch the entire sermon. It was excellent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News