ADVERTISEMENT

Are we watching the Republican Party implode?

Psyclone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Oakland > Ames > Cedar Rapids
I'm trying to get a reading on what's going on with the battle for the Speaker of the House. Is this a battle of the ultra conservatives against Moderate Republicans? I haven't kept track of all of the candidates, but it seems the hard right is trying to take complete control of the party. Big mistake if that's the case. What ever happened to the Moderate Republicans? A group calling itself Moderate Republicans defines itself as those who believe in constitutional principles of limited government and fiscal responsibility, but not the social agenda of the far-right. That sounds like a party I could support, not the current one that has me running further and further away.

I am registered as an Independent and have a lot of problems with the Democrats, but this new far right Republican Party is one I can't support. They have gone too far pushing their far-right agenda. I hate what has happened in the state legislature once they got control. I thought Reynolds did a good job navigating us through Covid, but since the last election she has lost me. The entire party has lost me. I can't wait to vote them all out. They don't represent me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News