ADVERTISEMENT

Are we about to blow up (knock on wood)?

AlanAldaClone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I'm a Cyclone fan, so I know what happens when we start getting stars in the eyes, thinking we're going to have a special season. But is this the year the stars align? We have a young football team that went to a bowl game last year and return nearly 90 percent of that production on both sides of the ball.

We return our top 4 scorers in basketball and add several more pieces in an area of need, the interior. Most prognosticators have us ranked in the top 5 in the country and one even has us at No. 1.

In women's basketball, prognosticators have us in the top 10 and we have one of the most dynamic post players in the country entering her sophomore year in Audi Crooks and another soph who is not far behind in Brown. Plus we return our leader, Emily Ryan and add some sharpshooters on the perimeter in the Marquette and TCU transfers, both of whom hit around 40 percent of their threes last year.

I'm probably playing with fire here, but the way I see it, we have three chances for this to be our year, a year for a championship, any kind of championship, a year Charlie Brown actually gets to kick the ball. How many other years could we say that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News