ADVERTISEMENT

What (Who) is the difference this year?

clonedaddy

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Let me start by saying that this team has a somewhat better o line and a bunch of talent at key positions including the most important one, QB. Ryan Clanton has made a difference with the o line so there's that. But, I've argued on this board for years that, even though the o lines of past years might not have been great, they weren't as bad as a lot of people made them out to be. I've argued that play calling and offensive strategy made or broke more than one of our o lines. Of course it matters a lot if the o line gets even marginally better too which it has.

IMO, what Mouser is doing this year is keeping defenses off balance better than any o coordinator since Steve Loney. Offensive lines are very often a victim of poor in-game play calls and strategy. Mouser has changed things up a lot and it's showing. Defenses are having a harder time figuring out exactly what we might do and that takes a ton of pressure off of the o line. My opinion is that Mouser is the MVP of this team so far this season.....again, only my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.