ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early look at next year

CloneForever

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I am almost over last night. Except for...

Anyway, assuming only Montgomery and Butler go pro, Next year can be really special.

Pluses are DLine, Linebackers, Safeties, Quarterback, Tight end.

Unknowns are wide receiver, running back, and Corner.

Kicking game returns most key components with Narveson coming off his redshirt. At a minimum he should replace Francis. It will be at a minimum okay.

Of course the fly in the ointment is offensive line. To me it is both a personnel and coaching issue. Someone made a crack about Goid-Jones lack of maturity. Seems to ring true. The walkon at LG is extremely limited. Newell played well for a fresh but has to improve. Knipfle and Meeker are the best. To me we need a new LT and new LG.

So, who are the candidates? Downing, Ramos are the two most obvious? Is Robert Hudson ready? Can and should Soehner be looked at Tackle? Or should we just figure or hope that returning all 5 makes us better? Fixing this is the key to filling the few holes we have. It will make it easier for the new running backs to succeed and time for young receivers to get open and for Purdy to operate.

I think the JC route is closed for this year. Anyone still available would be a real longshot either talent wise or academically. Finding a Grad Transfer ready-to-play LT is probably a pipe dream. So we got to fix it with who we have. Thoughts?

Reactions: fairviewfarmer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News