ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting strategy

Clonewithasigh

Legend
Gold Member
Jun 18, 2001
I have realized that our fb staff evaluates kids that are P5 worthy and offers them. They don't play games and are straight forward in their approach. The same cannot be said for the TOE. It appears to me that they only offer kids that show very positive vibes for UofI and try and project an aura of football exclusivity in their approach. While it can be beneficial at times. It can certainly backfire if they misread or pressure a recruit to commit. I noticed in the database that Iowa was recruiting Tyler Miller(#1 rated recruit in 2020) but never offered. Based upon their track record, I would guess the kid made it clear that they were not at the top of his list so an offer never came. They were thrown for a loop in the Brock commitment because he visited 5 times but wouldn't pull the trigger, so they pulled the offer and were clearly frustrated. Iowa plays games with these kids and I believe it is coming back to bite them in certain cases. This "We didn't offer him because he isn't good enough" narrative is complete bs. We have genuine coaches that are completely transparent with these kids. We should be proud.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.