ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: FUTURE HANDLING OF CORONA VIRUS THREADS

Should I adopt a no-tolerance policy for future Corona virus threads?

• Yes

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 78 68.4%

• Total voters

BillSeals

Jul 24, 2001
mobile.twitter.com
I've thought a lot about how I want to handle this. My original intention was to make it an absolute and delete any future threads having to do with the Corona virus. However, I thought maybe it would be better to get a consensus from subscribers to help steer me in the right direction. Either way, we just can't keep going in the direction we are headed right now. I've tried to take more of a hands-off approach to these and only lock them up as a last resort. Understanding that a lot of people are quarantined at home, there's a lot of disappointment and anger about that. Also, the end to the basketball season and no spring football practice have made it worse. There's not many ISU sports-related topics right now that can bury the news of the day, and that's the corona virus. That totally sucks. I get it. I've got a wife that talks consistently on a speaker phone for her job now working from home 10 hours a day in the other room, as well as a 12-year old and 7-year old cooped up and not at school. I can share in everyone's frustrations, trust me!

Especially today, being a busy news day with the morning football commitment and late-morning announcement from Tyrese Haliburton, I didn't have an entire day to totally devote to following every post of every message board thread. Some threads probably went on a little too far before I was able to catch them and lock. Deleting individual posts in the interest of maintaining a thread is an option, but if a post is not caught right away, there can be additional posts quoting said post, during the deterioration of a thread. At that point, I would be deleting multiple posts in a thread and it's easier to just lock up the thread.

Even if we vote to allow future corona virus threads, I have no choice but to take a much more hands-on approach to deleting messages and locking threads. I can't afford to have this fester and threaten to destroy what has always been a great community of Cyclone fans. Many of us have been together for going-on two decades. And...as you can gather, it's also not good for my business if subscribers are upset and publicly announcing their departure from the message board.

I'm trying to do my part to provide subscribers a steady diet of at least two new content pieces per day. Today, it was four! Tomorrow, we're rolling out the beginning of a football off-season look around the Big 12...a content share that all of the conference publishers have worked very hard on that I think you'll enjoy. The articles will continue to flow. I hope you guys will consider staying around for the long haul. As I said in another thread, we'll get through this together.

So, share with me your thoughts by voting in the poll at the top.

Reactions: winforcy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.