ADVERTISEMENT

Neal Brown

AlanAldaClone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
This is a nightmare scenario, I know, but I'm a Cyclone fan and I have to worry about something since the football team is not giving me much to worry about. I hope Brown wins the rest of his games or we might lose our QB. My reasoning may seem convoluted, so bear with me. If W. Va. fires Brown at the end of the season, wouldn't it stand to reason that Anthony Becht would be right at the top of their list for a replacement? He has head coaching experience and he's an alum. If W. Va. were to hire Becht, wouldn't Rocco want to transfer to play for his father? Just something that keeps me awake at night.

Although if the W. Va. message board from last night is any indication, the fans are not too enamored of Becht. One was wondering why they didn't recruit him out of high school and another said he did visit, but he was 5-9 and 150 and they had a better prospect in Nicco Marchiol, who was a four-star recruit. I would have pointed out that Becht was also a four-star recruit, but I wasn't registered to post on their board. Also, they didn't seem too knowledgeable about Becht, stating that Iowa State was his only Division 1 offer. Ole Miss and Wake Forest were among his 10 offers. Marchiol had 28 offers, many blue bloods among them.

• Haha
Reactions: SpokaneCY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.