ADVERTISEMENT

My hope for sports in the year that can’t end soon enough.

goinlow67

All-Conference
Gold Member
Nov 27, 2003
I really hope all sports seasons safely go forward with the recognition that we’re looking at a year or so of what are essentially money-making exhibitions. And I’M TOTALLY OKAY WITH THIS. For example, midway through college football half the Big12 shuts down: the Vid is out of control. But ISU has it under wraps. We’re good. We could keep the remainder of our playable schedule and perhaps, perhaps, perhaps, reschedule a game or three with similarly situated teams. Anything to remain on TV and generate revenue. We’re just going to have to forego the idea that team sports in this country are playing for championships. Let’s just keep it a social media debate on who’s best for the time being and sit back and watch sports and enjoy in whatever form they come at us.

I want to watch sports and I want kids in all sports to have opportunities to play if the school feels it can be safely done. I want pros in all sports to have the opportunity to play. Or not. If they can safely play then they should play because the revenue is important. I trust that the people at ISU will NOT put our people in harms way.

Championships? Meh. I just want to watch real competition and I think athletes really just want the opportunity to compete in some form or fashion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News