ADVERTISEMENT

MBB: NET Ranking & Oklahoma Tonight

CycloneState1028

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2007
Like what usually happens, I've had a chance to calm down a little bit since Saturday. For most of us, I don't think the loss Saturday on its own is or was the cause for concern. However, the loss Saturday in addition to the recent home struggles just compounded things and made everything worse.

That said, our NET Ranking as of today is holding steady at 15. That means, with a home loss to Baylor and a road loss to TCU, we lost a total of one or two spots following an 0-2 week (I can't remember if we were 13 or 14 before Baylor). That really speaks to two things:

1) The Big 12 is strong. Outside of WVU and OSU, there are no bad losses to be had from a tournament resume standpoint and
2) Outside of a loss tonight or a loss to WVU, there isn't much that can happen until the NCAA that will drop our NET ranking from where it is.

All of that said, Oklahoma comes into Hilton tonight ranked #40 by NET and somewhat battling for their tournament lives. While they could lose tonight and still get in, a win tonight really gives them a boost. I hope we come ready to play, as we really need to right the ship against a team that will give us everything they've got.

Tonight, in order, I want a win, I want to see us rebound the basketball, and I would like to see us try playing two bigs. I would also be happy if Lindell was finally inserted back into the starting lineup, as I feel like he's earned that right. Go Cyclones.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News